Tuesday, June 19, 2012

June18th Lab

Christian here - and I think I'm learning how to post...?!  
Last night we explore slowing down and trying to remove momentum as the invisible 3rd partner in the dance.  Other 3rd partners began to appear, such as a sustained tone (speed) of motion, image-based qualities, an attention/listening towards the Ouiji connection of beginning with light touch to skin, then increasing weight and speaking into muscle then bones.  Some spoke of their choreographic mind becoming more active once momentum was removed and the pros and cons of this.  Michal and Cyrus tried dancing all wrong (creative deviance, I've heard this called) to get past the over-thinking while dancing.
Roel, you took lots of notes, any more you can share?

Kaitlin liked this new word:
can·ti·le·ver (It has many meanings, but this might be closest to what Cyrus meant.)
Extend outward: (intransitive verb) to project outward with an unsupported end.

This came from Michal.

here is the link to the Beethoven piece and radiolab show about .. time...

You can also stream the episode below:

2 comments:

  1. I'm still thinking about this lab. Christian, your directive felt both impossible and fascinating. I could definitely keep exploring this. I wish we had a video of Michal and Cyrus dancing. Sounded like it was an amazing dance, and I'm left having to construct an image from verbal descriptions, since I was also dancing at that point.

    And cantilevers... I love that word and idea.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I also added a little embedded audio player to your post, Christian.

    ReplyDelete